Peanut Butter Candy Cookies
There are several rules that I should just know to live by.
1. Do not workout late. Like at 10:00 am in the morning. It always leaves me feeling hungry after. especially if I forgot to have breakfast beforehand.
2. Do not watch a food show while hungry while getting dressed after I workout and shower. It’s a soon to be carb nightmare.
3. Never, ever, ever, ever watch a food show showing a dessert when I am hungry, worked out late, and am hungry. Disaster waiting to happen.
Cookies: 1. Willpower: 0.
These cookies were great and the kids came home from school hungry for a snack. I’ll just warn you now. Hurry and cut up those Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and stick them in the dough because a few of them may have made it to my mouth instead of into the cookie dough. But they were delicious and I enjoyed every carb filled mouthful of them.
PEANUT BUTTER CANDY COOKIES
- ¾ C Chunky Peanut Butter or 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ C butter, Softened
- 1 C Brown Sugar
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Egg
- 1 ½ tsp Vanilla
- 1 ¼ C unbleached All-purpose Flour
- 2 C Quartered Reese’s Miniature Peanut Butter Cups
- 1/3 C Milk Chocolate Chips
Beat Peanut Butter and Butter in electric mixer until well blended and fluffy.
Mix in sugar and continue beating until well mixed. Add in egg and stir until well incorporated.
Beat in baking powder, baking soda, and vanilla. Add Flour and mix just until combined. Stir in peanut butter cups. Cover with plastic and refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
Form 1/4 C dough into a ¼ “ thick disc. Place cookie on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350⁰ for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.
Place chocolate chips in a plastic bag. Microwave in 20 second intervals, kneading bag between heatings, until chocolate is smooth. Cut small hole in one corner of bag. Pipe chocolate onto cookies in zig zag formation.